June 17, 2012

32. Weekends

I would like to frequent gay bars and clubs in Tallinn, but I don't have any friends to do it with (my social life consists of rare meetings with the few good acquaintances I have here, occasional Skype and Facebook chats with friends who live abroad, and random dates) and I'm too shy to do it alone right away. These places would eventually bore me as much as everything I've grown accustomed to (the entire world is, after all, only a prison for me), but I am glad I still have this scene to discover (or, to be more precise, rediscover). It is my solitude, which I cannot cope with sometimes, that pushes me; I am drawn by the possibility of social experiments, which would help me explore certain aspects of myself, by the idea of debauchery inherent in the club culture (but where oh where will I have Roman-style orgies?). Tallinn is too small a town for alternative types of outings. I am almost always alone on Friday and Saturday nights. The word 'party' terrifies me.

Actually, alone is how I will do it.

No comments: